Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Projects

Don't you hate and love those projects that you just can't put down? Like today, I had five things on my to-do list, but once I got to the third thing on my list, my list was toast. Luckily working out and making dinner were the top two, or those might not have happened! Now I'm in the predicament where I really want to continue working on project No. 3, but I feel like I should probably move down my list and go to project No. 4. *Sigh* The bigger problem is project No. 4 is probably more important than No. 3, and No. 5 is slightly more important than No. 3.... Maybe I'll make this a project No. 3 evening and devote all of tomorrow (minus the volleyball match I'm working) and Friday to No. 4 and No. 5....

Tonight we had grilled Dubliner cheese paninis and roasted tomato basil soup. Heavenly. It reminded me of the U.K. I could just picture myself sitting by the window of a cafe or pub, watching the drizzly, gray sky and sipping the warm, hearty soup. The sky wouldn't be a gloomy kind of gray, just that gray where you can almost see the sun shining through. I'd be dressed in skinny jeans and a warm pea coat. And Jeff would be in a pea coat too, but I doubt I'd ever convince him to join me in wearing skinny jeans. (And come to think of it, I don't know that I'd want him too... He just looks too good in the boot cut ones.) After we finished our soul-warming supper, we'd head off down the cobblestone road toward... I dunno. A quiet park or a castle or something. And the tiny raindrops would pop against our umbrella as we went, making me incredibly happy because a) the U.K. is one of my two favorites, b) I would be there with Jeff, showing him my favorite place and c) the patter of raindrops on an umbrella is one of my favorite sounds.

Whoa. That was a little too deep there. I'm starting to sound like Sarah. ;) Anyway.... The meal actually didn't help me in my quest to want to move on to projects No. 4 and No. 5.

Well, the draft selections still haven't been finalized in our intern search, nor have we made a decision (let alone talked in depth) about grad school. With all these important decisions, I'm actually amazed I'm not stressing out. I guess I've realized that the right decision will be made, so there's no use stressing. I mean, at work we've talked a ton and been very thorough in our information gathering. I've done my homework about where we would live in any of the cities we could possibly move to. And I'm fairly confident that I could get some sort of job at any of the schools. I guess the bottom line is, we've studied and prayed, so now it's just figuring everything out.

Favorite news bit of the day: Mitt Romney was asked to describe potential running mates in one or two words on the Tonight Show. When it came to Rick Santorum, his two words were "press secretary." Bahaha! :) Oh, and I guess I also liked the nod to Mike Lee, saying that he was on the list of potential conservative Supreme Court justices. That would be way cool! And no one better to do it than the most constitutionally-savvy guy in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment