And House Hunters Provo continues.... We looked at apartment No. 2 yesterday. From the ad, it looked like everything we wanted. Upon seeing it, no such luck. The house was pretty darn old... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it was semi clean. Except for the storage and washing machine area, which looked like the perfect living area for spiders and other creepy crawlies. And I mean living area, not hiding area. You couldn't see out of one of the windows because of all the spider webs. Eeeeew.... I probably wouldn't do laundry in that place. Again. (Right now I rarely do laundry because of how dark the laundry area is and because I'm slightly terrified of meeting our creepy alleged-drug-dealer neighbors down there.)
I really liked how big the kitchen was. Scratch that. I really loved how big the kitchen was. And all that counter space........ *sigh* I nearly agreed to the whole thing just for the counter space. The bedroom was a good size, as was the living room, but this time there was no place for a table. :P Can't there be a place for a table and for a living room? And the icky couch came with the place, as did an icky bed in the second bedroom, which I wouldn't have wanted there. We're not exactly planning for many visitors, especially because we have family/family friends in the area for any out-of-town guests (which would probably only be family).
Probably the deal breaker, though, was pets. Not so much me gusta pets. :( The current tenants--who were incredibly nice people, by the way--kept telling us that the place was so great for pets. Like, every three or four sentences, "If you guys are planning on getting a pet in the future, this is perfect" etc, etc. Jeff said he saw me ever so slightly cringe each time they said that. lol. I don't know if I believe that, but inside I was cringing. I didn't want to tell them I'm pretty much anti-pet (for us!!!! I don't mind other people having pets) but... it's true. The house smelled very strongly of dog, which isn't too appealing to me, but the tenants said the landlord would replace the carpets after they moved out if we wanted.
In the end, we decided it wasn't what we wanted. It was fine, but it wasn't quite worth the almost $800 per month the landlord charged. :(
So, back to the drawing board. We've kind of been looking at the Diamar apartments. Maybe something will open up there. We'd have to invest in a washer and dryer, but it seems to be mostly what we're looking for.
In happy news, I finally finished my dress! I like it, except that the cotton I made it with wrinkles pretty easily. Oh, well. I love the pattern. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment